We cannot go through this world hating people. So we have to love people that treat us wrong? Yes. I had to even learn to love the despicable roommate I had during my first semester of my freshmen year. I had to learn to love all the people that teased me in school. It can be hard to love people that have betrayed us or teased us, but through Christ, we can learn to love others as He loves us.
During my first two years of college, I had terrible roommate situations, and I felt betrayed by a family member. I could have genuinely formed hate for people, but I knew that I wanted to be like Jesus. And Jesus does not hate people. Even through betrayal or disrespect, I continued to be kind and love the people around me and also love people afar. Love and kindness can make the world better, and it may warm up my enemy’s hearts. You see, hate can make us bitter and angry at life. Do you want to be mad for the rest of your life? Also, the Devil wants us to hate people so we can end up with him one day. Ugh! Just typing that makes me want to love everybody because I don’t want to end up in Hell with the Devil for eternity.
Sometimes we can get mad at people for things that they have done to us, but we should not go the extra mile to become bitter towards others. I believe that’s one of the reasons why people are sick (mentally and physically) because they do not love their neighbors or people are not feeling loved enough. Do you know how good it feels to get random compliments about your appearance or someone actually waiting to hold the door for you? That’s a form of love, and we should show that love to everyone we meet in life. Drive out that hate and include love in your life people!
So how can I include love in my life?
- One of the acts of love can be smiling at people. This was pretty hard for me to do because I was always told earlier in my years by children “I smile too much” or I began to see less smiling in school, and I wanted to fit in and not seem overly excited. (Proverbs 3:13)
- Giving to the less fortunate. (2 Corinthians 9: 7)
- Hugging your nearby family members and letting your family and friends know you love them.
- Maybe you see someone struggling with something they are trying to accomplish, and you know how to do it, so help them.
- Say thank you if someone is doing something for you. Saying ‘thank you’ shows that you appreciate something from someone. I always try to tell people that hold the door for me at school ‘thank you’ because they do not have to do that.
- Apologizing to someone who you’ve hurt is showing love and courage. It takes a lot to understand when you’re wrong, and you actually tell someone that you’re sorry for hurting their feelings. You’re showing love because you love that person too much to lose a friendship/relationship to end it without saying sorry.
Love makes us stronger, and hate makes us weak.
To the people that have hate in their heart for an old friend, an ex, maybe a family member. I understand. I hated that people didn’t want to be my friend all of a sudden. I was at a point in my life where I grew hateful of people who ignored me. But you know what, I made up in my mind I want to be happy, love people, and be free from hate. You can do that too today!
I believe loving others give us a peace of mind. If you’re a Christian, how can you love God and not people? The Bible says “If a man say, I love God and hateth his brother, he is a liar; for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?” – 1 John 4:20 KJV. If you have trouble with loving others, ask Jesus to teach you how to love. He is a lover, so He will be happy to show you that. Are you a lover or a hater? Is there a time where you despised a family member or an old friend? Let’s talk in the comments! If you want to see love in the world again, put #BringtheLoveBack in the comment section. Please subscribe to my mailing list and like this post! I promise you will not get spammed. You will just get an update on when I post. Thanks!
Prayer: Lord teach us how to love others. Take away the hate rooted in our hearts. Help us to forgive those who have hurt us in our everyday lives. Cleanse our hearts, minds, and souls O’God. Let us be pure like You! Give us the strength to get through hard times with people in our lives. Thank You, God, for Your love, patience, joy, and peace! We want to make it to Heaven to be with You! We don’t want to hate to end up with the Devil. In Your name, I pray Amen!
1 John 4:18-19 KJV –  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.  We love him, because he first loved us.