I’ve been hearing the term “soul ties” in the Christian community . I never knew what it meant or if that was a real thing. Soul ties is not a term in the Bible, but it means when two souls are knitted together through fornication. There’s good soul ties and there’s bad soul ties.
An example of a good soul tie in the Bible is the friendship between Jonathan and King David. The Bible says that “the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.”(1 Sam.18:1-4).
An example of a bad soul tie is connecting with someone through sexual intercourse before marriage. The Bible speaks about how a husband and wife come together through sex. Ephesians 5:31 says “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.” This means that a husband and wife should come together to become one. This bond between man and woman is meant to be unbroken. Today a lot of people are joining together before marriage, which is causing them to be connected to unmarried people . I’ve seen people become connected to someone that they can’t leave them. They are knitting their souls together through sex.
I’ve never had sex, but I talked to a guy and it wasn’t that long. God put this on my mind that I had a mental tie. What does that even mean? It means that your mind can be on someone in your past or it could be old friends. They come to your mind a lot and it’s not because you feel like you need to pray for them.
Your mind surfaces back to memories of you and your old friends hanging out. You don’t focus on your current friendships because of your mind is tied to your old friends. I gave all my old friends to God by forgiving them. But back to the boy situation, I talked to this guy for two weeks and I couldn’t see how anything harmful could come from this. I guess it did, if my mind would heavily think about him. This is an example of a mental tie.
I wondered why is my mind on someone who wouldn’t be in my future. Maybe deep inside, I wanted to something work so I wouldn’t be lonely, and people would leave me alone about being single. A lot of people might feel like they want to be with their ex. Even though, they knew that they weren’t good for them. Their ex might have been their first love. They didn’t know if someone could love them again. For me, I thought will a guy start talking to me again one day? Will a guy find me attractive?
A mental tie could leave you to think that no one will enjoy your company. It’s crazy to think that someone can rob your mind, and you’ve never had sexual intercourse. I know it has something to do with the enemy. How could I think of someone when I didn’t want to be with them? A mental tie and soul tie is a distraction from the enemy.
I feel like this came about as I began to surrender myself to God. The devil wanted to hold me back by bringing this guy back into my mind. Maybe you are growing closer to God, and the enemy is putting your ex(es) into your mind, so you can think about them more. Maybe you still have items from your ex(es) or your ex phone number. I blocked his number and his social media. If you still have those things, I suggest that you let go of those things. This will only hold you back from a great relationship with God.
God helped me realize that I don’t have to have sex to be connected to a person and it doesn’t have to be that long. It seems like two weeks was enough to have a connection. Especially for a sister who has never had a boyfriend. I started to think that I don’t want this mental tie lingering on me when I’m with my future spouse. For those who see marriage in the future: Can you imagine thinking about your ex/someone you talked to in the past while with your future husband? That would be a hot mess right? I believe this is one of the reasons why my single season is important. I don’t want be tied to anybody mentally, physically, or emotionally before marriage. But this tie is happening to so many people. Some may be unaware like I was until God revealed it to me.
How are we going to remove this soul tie whether mentally or sexually?
- If the soul tie came through fornication – ask God for forgiveness.
- Maybe you have gifts from your ex. Let go of all those gifts. The reason why you are still connected to this person is because those gifts are a symbol of something in your old relationship. Throw those things away! Talk to God and ask Him to help you let go of these items. I can only imagine how hard it is to get rid of items from your ex that symbolized something in your relationship
- An interesting one I saw online was vows or commitments like “I will always love you” or “I couldn’t love anyone else” Ask the Lord for forgiveness for making these commitments and break these bondages that came from your mouth. There’s also a verse that correlates with this vow or commitment “Whoever guards his mouth and tongue, Keeps his soul from troubles.” (Proverbs 21:23 KJV) You have to watch what you say to people PERIOD because you could ruin yourself in the future.
- If your ex has ever done anything to you, forgive them. Maybe you have a hateful heart towards them. Ask the Lord to forgive you and forgive them for the heartbreak that they have caused you.
- Reject this soul tie by saying this verbally and in Jesus name. “In Jesus name, I reject any ungodly soul ties between myself and *say his name* as a result of *the issue such as fornication, etc.*”
- Break this soul tie by saying this verbally and in Jesus name. “In Jesus name, I now break and sever any ungodly soul ties formed between myself and *say his name* as a result of *the issue such as fornication, etc.* in Jesus name, Amen!
- If you ever just talked to someone, delete their social media and phone number or whatever you have that keeps you connected to him. Also pray the soul tie prayer above this and ask God to remove the name from your mind!
I hope this helped you if you are struggling with mental or physical soul ties! It sure did help me! Have an amazing week! Don’t worry, you’re going to be free from this. I believe and receive this for you! God loves you all!
Prayer:In Jesus name, thank you for showing us that we can have mental ties. Thank you for caring for us enough to show us that we are dealing with this issue. We ask that you remove that person from our minds! We want to put our minds, hearts, and souls on You wholeheartedly. God we want to please You! Thank You for helping us become better for You every day! Free us from soul ties mentally and sexually. We love You Jesus! In Jesus name, Amen!
2 Corinthians 6:14 AMP – “Do not be unequally bound together with unbelievers [do not make mismatched alliances with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership can righteousness have with lawlessness? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
Follow me on Instagram @funsizedchelle for more encouragement! DM me and say hello! Can’t wait to see you there!