In honor of turning 23, I just felt in my heart to share advice to the lovely ladies. If you’re a guy and you’re reading, some of this advice can apply to you to. I hope that this blog is a blessing to you. I also hope that you would bookmark this blog post to refer back to later!
- Don’t ever let anybody keep you from being yourself. If someone can’t handle who you genuinely are, then they aren’t meant to be your friend. Matter of fact, that’s not your friend.
- Friendships are important! You cannot get through your life alone. You need people around you that will support you and enjoy your company. You need friends that will be with you through the hard times and also can brighten your day.
- If someone begins to distance themselves from you, LET IT BE. Don’t beg for their attention. Maybe they needed alone time or maybe you’ll never talk to them again, but don’t chase after friendships.
- Pray for genuine friendships! Pray for friends that will pray for you, encourage or lift you up, will tell you the truth when it hurts. God will bless you with great friends when it is the perfect timing
- If a guy tells/shows you that he does not want to be with you, leave him alone. Guys who are interested in you will pursue whether you like him or not.
- You are ENOUGH! Don’t let any guy tell you otherwise. If a guy tells you that you got to do a certain thing (i.e. Sex, give him money, or move in with him) to show him that you love him, then he’s not the one for you honey!
- If you can’t tolerate a certain trait in a guy, (ie. always negative, clingy, hot-headed.) leave him alone. Don’t try to force yourself into a relationship just because you’re lonely. If he doesn’t fit your standards, he’s just not it.
- Never try to change a person. It just won’t work. You can always modify changes in yourself and your behaviors, but you can’t do that for another person.
- Sometimes, you have to realize that YOU are your biggest cheerleader. You have to support and cheer yourself on for your accomplishments. When nobody else is cheering for your successes or your big/small wins, you have to say, “Yes I did it!” and celebrate.
- Social media only highlights successes, not failures. Just because someone was able to take five trips in a year doesn’t mean they are doing better than you. You can do that too. A person can cover up what’s really going on behind a smile in Paris.
- Keep your eyes on what you’re doing. You’re probably doing a lot of amazing things behind the scenes, but you’re too focused on others’ paychecks, and cute IG feeds to notice yourself.
- Don’t compete with other women! We can all do something amazing to make the world a better place. Encourage other women. Be inspired by what other women are doing. If you want to know how to do something that they are doing, ASK!
- Life is hard but find time to do things that make you smile.
- Being single isn’t a horrible thing. It only seems horrible when you have the wrong perspective! Ask Jesus to freshen your perspective.
- No, you’re not the only single woman in the world. Stop listening to that lie. Write that first part down to refer back to when you feel like the only single woman in the world.
- Tap into your purpose as a single woman. Stop sitting on all of those gifts and talents. Girl, when you meet the man that God has for you, you will be a power couple for God’s Kingdom.
- While you’re single, surround yourself with community. I can tell you that it is amazing to know that there are women going through the same thing as you.
- You can’t have a genuine relationship with God if you don’t do anything to fuel it. Jesus is not going to force you to spend time with Him. If you keep choosing worldly activities over Jesus, you won’t have a relationship with Him.
- Don’t beat yourself up about not spending loads of time with Jesus in a day. Jesus is not a grumpy Father who gets mad because you didn’t spend your whole day with Him. He knows that you have to go to work. He knows that you want to spend time with your family and friends. Don’t be hard on yourself. God has given you grace and new mercies for each day that you live. (This is not advice for people who don’t even touch their Bible ever. It’s for those who strive to be closer to Jesus or like Him daily.)
- Even when times seem unbearable, God is still with you. If He didn’t believe you could handle the things you’re going through, He wouldn’t allow it. He knows how much we can bear. Always remember that when you’re going through a rough moment.
- Your life is not about you! Don’t consume your prayer time about the things you desire all of the time. Pray for others and ask God what you can do to lead souls to Him.
- Only Jesus can fill the voids in your heart. No alcohol or drug can fill up those voids like Jesus. No man or medicine can heal your heart like Jesus. He is the Alpha and the Omega for a reason. He is the Beginning and the End!
Bonuses: College Life
- As soon as you choose to live for Jesus in college, your whole experience is going to be different from most college students.
- If you don’t have many friends or no friends at all, don’t take that as a L. Look at that as a time to grow close to Jesus without distractions.
- If a roommate shows you that they don’t like you, don’t eat their food. Don’t hang out with them if they ask. Stay to yourself , always stay prayed up, and pray for them if you end up with a roommate that doesn’t like you.
- Keep your head up! If you made a bad grade on a test, don’t look at it as the end of the world. Figure out how to do better and go to your professor’s office hours.
- If you know that you’re not interested in parties, don’t force yourself to go because everyone else is doing it. Enjoy your night in with Jesus and find fun things to do on a Friday or Saturday night.
I really hope that you find all of this advice useful for your advantage. These are things that I have learned over the years. I’m truly thankful for the things I’ve went through good or bad to be able to help another person along the way. Have a blessed week lovely people!
Proverbs 19:20 ESV: Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.
Looking for more encouragement? Follow me on Instagram. DM me and say hello! Can’t wait to see you there!